vents blow alr out the defrost and florr

I have a 1995 mustang v6 the air con works but about two weeks ago it started to only come out the defrost and floorboard it doen't matter what the control is set on any suggestions Rick

Reply to
richard

replacr the blend door LMFAO h u r c a s t

Reply to
fomococo

Check the small black hard plastic tube that runs along the back of the

firewall from the heater fittings to the vacuum "T" next to the brake booster. It is VERY common for this vacuum line to get brittle and break. Without vacuum the vents will default to the defrost position at

the windshield. If broken place a piece of small vacuum hose between the break. If broken at rubber fitting on the end where it goes to the "T", drill it out and reinsert tube back into rubber and super glue.

Hope this is helpful,

TIM (Musttanguy) PonyPerformance.com

Reply to
Musttanguy

Yes! "Replacr" it immediately!

Reply to
Brian

If I wanted to see the moron's posts I wouldn't have him blocked. It's clear that to avoid the troll I must also filter Brian. Plonk

Brian wrote:

Reply to
D.K.R.

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (richard) wrote in :

I had a simular issue with my 97 v6. Found a vacumme line in the engine compartment near the firewall that had become disconnected. After reconnecting it all vent modes worked.

Yep, this happened on mine; did what Tim says and it's good as new.

John

Reply to
teeces

Reply to
Pete Sampogna

"Pete Sampogna" wrote in news:J0lye.9374$SQ1.2662 @fe09.lga:

My buddy took his '96 Contour in to have the tranny rebuilt, and got it back doing the same thing. They had broken a small vacuum line off at the firewall. Look for broken vacuum lines.

Reply to
elaich