Vintage Kit car Mustang

I saw this car live at the Atlantic City car show and auction yesterday. It looks pretty good until you look under the hood and see Mazda emblazoned on the top of the engine. No comments on it from me, I thought that someone may be interested. Link below.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

Is it my imagination, or does it look kinda "stubby"... like the hood to trunk deck ratio is all wrong? Otherwise it doesn't look too bad.

Reply to
Spike

Seems a bit pricey. Combining that kit with a "monster Miata" would be a real hoot (they used to shoehorn 5.0L Ford engines into a Miata).

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

Used to drop 289s into a lot of things... MGs, Triumphs, etc. While I may be a Mustang nut, Miatas, like MG Midgets, Mini-Coopers, etc, are fun cars... and there's nothing wrong with having fun.

Reply to
Spike

WEll it did say the donor car was a Miata...

Reply to
WindsorFox

"Spike" wrote

It does look weird. proportions are off and it looks like the roof was chopped. Fugly.

Reply to
Blue Mesteno

Spike wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yeah, it's definitely "off". But this is what the Mustang probably would've looked like had Lee made it a 2-seater. Good thing he didn't.

Reply to
Joe

Naw. Even with seats back there, the Mustang is still a 2 seater... LOL. And look at the TBirds (I mean the real ones).

Reply to
Spike

It was pretty "OFF" looking but like others have said... They are using a much smaller car as a base chassis. The "off" is what caught my attention, not bad looking at all when you're right next to it, at least until I looked under the hood. Very compact under there.

...Ron