WANTED: Excell Transmission Shop

I need an excellent transmission shop in Ottawa: competent and knowledgeable ... experienced ... trustworthy ... and well-equipped.

I'm (probably) about to buy a 99 Tarus Wagon with high mileage. It's at least possible the transmission fluid/filter has never been changed. I'm aware that this could be a problem: Taurus of this era are known for transmissions that are prone to break down and repair.

I want the transmission serviced ASAP: inspect and service linkages ... inspect pan for shavings/filings ... MECHANICALLY drain fluids - replace with 12 - 16 litres of Quality fluid .. add a recomm fluid additive ... replace filter, etc ... and test.

Can anyone make a recommendation?

Thanks snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca

Reply to
Jacques