Warped camshaft or crankshaft?

Same here. A gallon or two of old gas mixed in with a nearly full tank for a car will burn fine. But old gas in a lawnmower will get you a lawnmower that won't start.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Years ago a friend found an old gas mower at the dump. We were young GIs with very small incomes ($96.90 a month- and he got a bit more for being married). Drug it home and cleaned it up. Nice repaint and everything. The day came to give it a workout. In goes the fuel from a can in the garage. After what seemed like forever, he got it started and it ran like a banshee for about 15 seconds, and then the engine became a one piece unit. A bit of investigation... guess you're not supposed to use old jet fuel in a mower. The mower was returned to the dump. Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
Reply to
Spike

Yeah, but I bet a John Deere lawn tractor running on JP4 would be quite the hotrod....for about 15 seconds. 8-)

Reply to
Ritz

yeah, but it sure would be an expensive 15 seconds. Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
Reply to
Spike

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
Reply to
Spike

My lawnmower will pretty much run on swamp water. The cars get a lot more persnickety about gas quality. And they cost a LOT more to repair when bad gas gums something up...

Reply to
Steve