Wax a new car?

We just got a new 2006 Mustang and it our first new car in quite a while.

Can you wax a new car? In the "old days" I seem to recall you advised not to wax to let the paint dry\cure.

Can you "Zip" wash\wax it?

Thanks

Reply to
Bill Jarrett

New cars are on the market for a good amount of time since their inception from the factory. You can wax it away. No problem.

Reply to
duke1234

Check your owners manual

Call dealer body shop OTHERWISE: Never rely on single response in an open forum on subject this.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I have been told by professional painters not to wax a new paint job for at least

6 months. Instead, use hand glaze. After 6 months, use something with carnuba wax. I use Kit. Is it better? I don't know. But that's what was recommended by my painter, so that's what I use.
Reply to
.boB

remember that you aren't dealing with old-style paint.......whatever you apply, your putting it on the clearcoat. you want to avoid anything abrasive.....check the label on the products, but bear in mind that they're selling themselves.

I'm waiting 'till my '06 is 4-5 months old, then it's going to get Nu-Finish, just to put a water-repellant coating on it and enhance the shine. My good/old cars still get wax......but started using Nu-Finish on the beater since it takes so little time to apply.....then saw that it's the only thing that still beads water after going thru an entire winter of snow, salt and standing out. And since it goes on so ez, and litterally "dusts" off (i.e. no rubbing) I figure it won't wear down the clearcoat.

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

Nu Finish??? bad idea man....

That is an abrasive cleaner/coat...

You should just use a polymer sealant...

Reply to
duke1234

Duke: in re: Nu Finish

container sez there's no abrasives...no cleaners...."can't scratch clearcoat finishes"

website sez it's a "polymer emulsion"

so now I'm totally confused. - what do you use?

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

Q: What is the difference between a polish and a conventional wax?

A: Conventional waxes don't last long because the common ingredient in these products, carnauba wax, breaks down quickly from everyday conditions. Neither Nu Finish Liquid nor Paste Car Polish contain carnauba waxes. No other liquid or paste products can make that claim!

Nu Finish is made up of a series of zinc cross-linking polymer emulsions that help Nu Finish last longer than any other polish on the market. This is why Nu Finish is called "The-Once-A-Year Car Polish." Watch how Nu Finish makes water bead month after month.

Reply to
Mrs Ken Ehrett

Nu Finish is a "Polish".. That means its not good for a new car car. Use A polymer sealant. Wash car, use polymer sealnt.. then use a nice glaze for extra protection...

NU finish is crap.. Don't put that crap on your beatiful new car.. Nu Finish is for old cars that lost its shine and what not..

Forget what they say.... Don't use it. That's my 2 cents..

Reply to
duke1234

Thanks guys.

It was an "ordered car" so I will wait 6 months.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Jarrett

OF not having carnauba in it ? I think there are some that can. There are some synthetic waxes out there that don't use Carnauba. I use Klasse all in one and it's great. Holds up very well in hot climates unlike carnauba based waxes.

Reply to
RT

I have used nothing but Nu Finish for my last four cars, including my 2001 GT for the last five years. It has neither scratched nor damaged any of my cars at any time.

The only time I was disappointed in it was when I expected it to act as a polish, when I was trying to buff out a minor scratch. It won't do that, but then it wasn't meant to.

- Max - ======= My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. - Huey Freeman

Reply to
Max C. Webster III

I used to use NuFinish but then I switched to Zaino due to its popularity on the automotive message boards.

here's pics of my friend's Infiniti G35 after a Zaino application.

Paul79UF

I dont understand, Duke... not that I'm involved in this.... how can it be a polish? And apparently it IS a polymer sealant/finish.

Are you confusing it with other products?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic