What are you hearing from the dealers?

One tells me Ford is not allowing special orders on the 2005 Mustang, and another tells me special orders are no problem and the car will show up 4 to 8 weeks after ordering.

Two others gave me the "oh, the going markup is 5K to 10K over MSRP!" but one was down to 1K after just a few minutes of chatting where I used my "aw, shucks, that excludes little old me" tone. ;-) I can probably get him to MSRP which, to be honest, is fine. I'm at the age where a grand in either direction just isn't worth bothering over. He's also just about walking distance from my house and I like to keep my sales tax local.

Anyone else running into uncoordinated crap at the dealers involving the 05? In this day and age should buying a car be this disorganized?

I plugged my desired specs into autonation.com for some online quotes. We'll see what that reaps. There's also 9 Ford dealers between my home and work I can stop at during the week.

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

I was talking with a salesman just a couple of days ago. They said they could order whatever I wanted, and it would take about 6 weeks. I suspect that's pretty optimistic. We didn't talk price. But I suspect the dealer would charge well over MSRP. I can also suspect there's no way on God's green earth I'll pay that. So it's a pretty even deal there.

Reply to
boB