Xterra MSRP vs. Invoice, Do Dealers Deal?

Hope the experts here can help me out. Never purchased a Nissan before and don't know what to expect in terms of MSRP vs. invoice. Looking at ordering out, is that even allowed from Nissan, an 2007 Xterra as none of the local dealers have any in inventory with the side and curtain air bags.

In the past I have walked into Ford, Chevy and Plymount (RIP) dealers telling them here's the car mode, here's the option codes; this is the MSPR and this is invoice. Now, I'll pay you $ 100 to over to write the order. This was a no cost to dealer (carry charges), paper work sale and a few times I had to prep the car myself. No big deal, but saved a lot $$$:> It came down to knowing the percent difference between MSRP and invoice so that old game "we just had a price increase" didn't work I worked the percentage off the new price back.

But, dealing with a foreign company is new for me. Granted the Xterra is made in the USA, just don't know how they do business vs American companies.

Also, when does Nissan change over the model years? For example, GM normally would take orders up to around mid June for the year. This allowed the orders to be filled and shipped before change over to the next model year which took place in August/September.

Thank you for any tips you experts here can pass along to a new-be.

Reply to
brxsep

New-be,

Yes, it's just like dealing with Ford, etc.

Go to Edmunds.com to find out the invoice price and prepare your offer. When buying a Titan I bought from the salesman called "Dot.Com". Many dealers have a guy/gal who works internet only sales. It was fun and easy. I bought for invoice price minus a couple of hundred.

The Nissan web site allows you to do dealer searches for the exact car you want down to color, trim level, and all options. I had already located the truck I wanted at a dealership in Athens, GA. I told my Pensacola, FL dealer where the truck was located and Dot.Com worked a trade with that dealership. I wanted the truck to be brought to Pensacola on a flat bed recovery truck so I had to pay a couple of hundred to have the exact vehicle I wanted without waiting several weeks for a special order vehicle. All in all, I paid invoice for the truck.

Dot.Com told me he would be happy to work a special order anytime I want to buy another NIssan from him with the same conditions.

Have fun.

Reply to
Butch Davis