What is all this crying about K&N filters?

Come on guys, can't you see the sarcasm here?

The KN does a good enough job of keeping potentially harmfull particles out of your engine. This is a case where more (or better) is not required.

When I get a new vehicle, I simply buy a KN and then forget about it. I never need to buy another! Then I go on with my life and furgetaboutit!

Just 2 cents.

Serge

Reply to
Serge

Ah, another scientist!

Reply to
Serge

Do you ever clean and re-oil the filter?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

If that's "chilled" I'd hate to see you excited.

A man of your experience should be well aware that there is a TON of misinformation on this newsgroup and every other performance forum on or off the internet. Anyone that blindly follows the advice they get from professionals or want-to-bes without doing their OWN homework deserves what they get.

Life is too short to try to convince others of the error of their ways. They will only learn from their own mistakes anyway.

LJH

95GT
Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

Naturally I do...as I do the rest of the maintenance.

Not hard to do at all...

Serge

Reply to
Serge

Ok, the way you made it sound, I thought you never did anything once you installed the K&N. So, since you do clean and oil it regularly, I'd guess you don't "furgetaboutit" and you spend a lot more time playing with air filters than I do.

Regards,

Ed White

Serge wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

..snip a whole bunch more...

Wow. Arguing about air filters. This is almost as interesting as arguing how many 1/10s you think you got from changing your oil. I've used K&N filters for 90,000 of the 120,000 miles my car has. When I had the heads off last summer, the cylinders looked just fine for a 120,000 mile engine. A compression test gave 140 PSI on all 8 cylinders. What else do you want? Why would anyone care about this issue?

Chris

Reply to
Chris1