advise on used 94 to 98

Hi - I am looking to buy a 94 to 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Any years better than others? Any yrs to stay away from.

will use as a second vehicle. thanks

Reply to
rpl

Hi, I have a 96 GC Laredo with I6 with Automatic Selec-Trac tranny Cheap to repair and Maintain, Reliable and Very Usefull. Tuff truck as well. Mine is at 279,000 KM and still not burn or leak oil.

They tend to have AC ( evaporator ) problem and CPS ( Crank Position Sensor problem ) and front rotor problem.... But their is a recall on this. Wich mean 0 $ if it's never been done on recall before. but they are cheap to buy = +- 40 $ Each

i have change over the time on mine, Water pump 60 $ CAN and radiator 150 CAN, 4 Shock 4 for 200 $ and Track bar CAN 150 $ CAN as well as sway bar link 60 $ CAN each. Muffler and Valve cover gasket, And maintenance for sure , brake , tire oil, sparkplug etc...

i drive mine like a tank, and it been very good and so reliable since i have it.

Selectrac transfer case will give you the opportunity to drive 4WD all the time while quadra track only have part time...

It's probabbly not the best vehicules on gas but it will be one of the best vehicules i have own.

if i buy another jeep My only real request will be to have the I6 4 Liter engine. Strong and reliable.. too bad they don't offer the GC with it anymore instead of the crappy hemi Engine..

My 2 cents

pat

"rpl" a écrit dans le message de news:

42000393$0$93540$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreader.iphouse.net...
Reply to
Patrick

rpl did pass the time by typing:

96 and later. That's because that is when OBD-II was available on the Grand. 95 gave you four wheel disc brakes for better stopping power.

DougW