Woo Hoo, New Mustang Owner!

I'm psyched! I bought my wife a 99 GT convertible. We pick it up Saturday, I can't wait!!! I've had Mustang fever since I sold my 72 about 8 years ago. I have a feeling I'm going to like this one even better!!!

Reply to
Linus

Awright... I got a convert two months ago...I really dig mine! Woo hoo and hoo

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000Newsgroups

Luxooo

Congrats Lionus, and welcome to the group. Of course you're going to love it!

Now, if you can get your wife to let you drive it *WEG* hopefully she isn't as possesive as SOME of the women in this group!

*digging her toe in the dirt and blushing*

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top With a personal touch, or two.
SVTKate

you boys playin with your hoo-hoos again?

you're gonna get caught!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Aw, heck. Show me a man who doesn't play with his hoo-hoo, and I'll show you a damn liar.

If it's good enough for the President, it's good enough for me.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

LMAO!

Man.. I NEVER get to play with the good toys! I'm gonna go kick the cat now.

Kate

| > you're gonna get caught! | >

| > Kate | | Aw, heck. Show me a man who doesn't play with his hoo-hoo, and I'll show you | a damn liar. | | If it's good enough for the President, it's good enough for me. | | dwight | |

Reply to
SVTKate

We picked the Stang up today! Perfect night for top down driving. What a blast. Loads of fun, beautiful car. I think the current body style is my favorite since the late 60's.

Here's a link for pictures...it was an ebay car.

I recommend this seller, I'm still amazed I got this car for $11,100 out the door. Smooth transaction, I was apprehensive about buying a car sight unseen, but everything seems well. Interior is mint, or as close to it as can be. Body is nice and shiny, no dings or dents that I could see. The only flaws I see on the car are the front bumper has places that look like were from bugs and/or rocks or just stained. I used some Maguirers cleaner wax on it and the blemishes remain. Oh well. I'm thinking I'll get a bra to cover them up. It's not that big a deal though. The only other blemishes are on top of the rear bumper just behind the trunk lid where stuff was loaded/unloaded. Other than these things, the car is perfect.

How long do these 17" performance tires last? The ones on the car are Dayton Z rated tires. They look to have at least half their remaining tread if not more.

I also need some floormats. Any recommendations?

Reply to
Linus

Nice car. I got a '99 GT convertible earlier this week, too. Mine has 27k miles and leather but I paid $13,500 for it. It was more than I was looking to pay but it was pretty much the car I wanted and I was really tired of looking around. Here it is:

Zen Cohen

Considering that mileage and leather interior, I'd say your deal is better than mine! How did you get it so cheap?

Reply to
Linus

That was only $500 off their asking price and they were firm once they got to that point. Maybe it's a case of the grass being greener cuz I thought you got a pretty good deal yourself. Anyway, hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine.

Reply to
Zen Cohen

  1. You won't get 50k miles out of them.
  2. The tirerack is your friend.

FYI, "Dayton" is Bridgestone's cheap brand.

Rubber backed, not the cheapest ones.

Reply to
Morgan Bullard

I wasn't counting on 50k....I'm hoping that these tires new under light driving will last 30k+. Is this reasonable?

Reply to
Linus

Not really. Nitto 555's used to last me 20k, and I'm a scroge when it comes to burning tires. The Kuhmos may last longer, if not, then they are a lot cheaper and it still won't matter.

Kate