Would You Buy A Used Supercharger?

If so, what would you want to ensure before you wrote the check?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

I have bought a used blower and had no problems. It depends on the type of blower. What brand/model and how many miles are on the unit you looking at buying?

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Does it had the right hardware to install on your car? Is there damage to the impeller, rotor or screws?

I just had my P-1SC apart and it has very little backlash on the gears and I could not feel any end play on the bearings. It cost me $15.00 for the drive pulley seal.

This was after 30K miles, a 3" pulley making 10lbs. of boost and mostly street driven.

Reply to
GILL

Absolutly, they are just air pumps. Check for all the small parts to see if they are there. The MFGR can overhaul it too. I got mine that way, in East Texas, came off a wrecked race car, It worked fine for 10 years.

Reply to
Nomen Lapetos

I almost did, I just couldn't afford it at the time and they were asking a wee bit too much. I'd look for abuse/visible wear, but other than that make sure it fits *your* application with the included hardware.

Reply to
WindsorFox