WTF! A Mid-Engine, TT, V6 Vette?

I think Team Vette has done a masterful job over the past decade or so, but what are they thinking with switching to a mid-engine design and dumping the V8 for a twin-turbo V6?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

I remember reading in Motor Trend a while back about how Chevrolet was going to switch to a mid-engine design for the Vette. This was in the summer of ... 1973.

These stories have been around forever. I'll believe it when I see it.

Paul

Paul

Paul,

You make a good case. I too have been reading these stories for years. And I think the timing (the economy) is bad for a mid-engine [re]design because, inevitably, it is going to raise the price of the Corvette, something I think would drive away potential buyers right now. Plus, low price has always been the Vette's trump card over much of its competition. But GM does need to do something to better transfer the Corvette's [increasing] power to the ground. The Nissan GTR and new Porsche 911 Turbo are both quicker much because of their better ability to hook-up. Be interesting to see an AWD Vette...

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp