260Z radiator

I've just changed over from triple Webbers to fuel injection. Installed an after market computer (Wolf3D) and 38-78 cam. It never over heated with the webbers but now it does when I push the car a bit. Had the car computer programmed on a dyno and it's putting out 114 HP

My question is what is the best radiator to use now? Is there a more efficient one from a later model car that will bolt in or maybe after some mods can fit?

Thanks in advance for advice offered.

Cheers.

Reply to
knights58_2000

I have a 240Z that has always run warm and on a hot day with the A/C on it

can start to really climb temperature wise. I am looking at replacing the current

3 core radiator with an aluminum radiator that is supposed to reduce operating temperatures by at least 30%.

Also, I am using a mixture of 5% coolant na d 95% Distilled water in the cooling system. This has worked great to keep the radiator and system 100% clean.

knights58 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.au wrote:

Reply to
John

280Z radiator will fit but hangs down a bit in the front as it has a larger core.
Reply to
Steve T

Thanks Steve. Unfortunately we didn't get the 280Z's in Australia.

Reply to
knights58_2000

Then your "260" may already have the larger core? They changed the size of the radiators midyear in 74 in the US, so maybe a later year 260 over there has the larger radiator?

Reply to
Steve T

Yeah I spose that's possible. I'm going to see if I can get my radiator recored with something more efficient. Needs replaceing anyway as most of the cooling fins have corroded away. Keep up the good work Steve. Your a wealth of knowledge.

Cheers.

Reply to
knights58_2000