350Z Seat Belts

Have any of the 350Z owners noticed some discomfort with the seat belts? Maybe it's just me, but the darn belt is a bit tight and uncomfortable across the shoulder. I am a tall, thin guy - - so girth is not the problem. I put one of those padded seat belt cushions at the shoulder area and it helps. However, I would prefer not to have to use it. Should I have my car checked by the dealer, or is this problem common with all 350Z's??

Reply to
KG

I notice if you just up buckle the belt it flies right into the glass... and even puts little dents in the door.

anyone notice that?

Reply to
KINGLIFER

Reply to
KINGLIFER

I haven't used my seat belts yet. I hate seat belts. And after what you just posted, I'm afraid to try. If a state trooper is nearby though, I'll probably buckle up temporarily.

Reply to
John Cryder

Man, I'm sorry to hear you say this. Wearing seatbelts because it's the law is a secondary point. It's a fact that your chances of dying or at the very least being seriously injured in an accident when not wearing seatbelts are very high. You must be young and think of yourself as invincible.

Reply to
Mark Jones

Your are absolutely right about the need for seat belts. In addition, if you are involved in a serious accident and your insurance company suspects that you were not buckled up, the company assumes no responsibility.

uncomfortable

Reply to
KG

OK then, a middle-aged fatalist. It's your life I guess.

Reply to
Mark Jones

I have the air bag option 6 air bags. Unrestrained with air bag deployment, ouch! I hate it too, but it's the law here and they do ticket for it. It should be your right like Helmets but I prefer not to give the Law a reason to pull me over. You get used to it if you wear it, but it's your car and your life bro! Freedom to do whatever you want, just wondered if you had the air bag option?

Reply to
Paul Maxson

But if I go through the window and find myself bleeding on the hood, I'll remember your post and say to myself, "I should have listened to Mark." heh heh.....

confinement".

Reply to
John Cryder
<just wondered if you had the air bag option?

Yes Paul, I have a 350Z Track with all 6 air bags. I have only owned the car three days now. Today, I drove over to my father's house and we removed the front license plate bracket and dealer emblem from the back of the car. It looks a lot better without them. I got the car up to 85 mph today and it was only taching 3000 rpm in 6th gear.

be your right

Reply to
John Cryder

It will always tack that at 3000rpm's at that speed because of the gear ratio. A good poll of that was done at

I removed my front plate too even though it's illegal in California (some laws are just plain dumb.) I agree, I hate front plates and the car rocks! Mine has an ATI Super Charger on it and I just bought the 9 lb pulley's.

Reply to
Paul Maxson

There was no front plate on mine (Southern California), and I don't think I will ever get sited for not having it. Yes, it is a law, but I don't think it is heavily enforced.

Reply to
Mike Sims

I started wearing seat belts religiously when the law first went into effect (after two tickets for not wearing one). I am at the point now where I feel completely uncomfortable without one. It makes me feel like I am part of the car, and that the car is more of an extension of me when I have a seatbelt on.

With all of the statistics out on seatbelt safety, I feel you are an idiot for not wearing one. It is an ignorant decision. You could easily die in a 30 MPH collision without a belt on ... or worse ... you could become paralyzed, or brain dead, or both ... and you would wind up being a tremendous burden on your family. What a damn shame that would be.

Reply to
Mike Sims
<I feel you are an idiot for not wearing one. It is an ignorant decision. you would wind up being a tremendous burden on your family.

Fuck you. I don't even have a family. How's a guy supposed to reach back to the drink holder to swig from his beer bottle anyway with the god damn seat belt fastened?

Reply to
John Cryder

LOL!!!!!!!

Now I know you're just being antagonistic.

Reply to
Mike Sims

Were they not wearing seatbelts when hit by a drunk driver? Sorry for your loss.

See Dick See Dick drink See Dick drive See Dick die Don't be a dick.

Reply to
Paul Maxson

nahh dude... lol you gota use your seat belts man...

Reply to
KINGLIFER

Wore my seat belt for the first time today. There were two pig cruisers sitting real close to my car when I came outta the auto parts store so I buckled up until I got to the grocery store.

uncomfortable

Reply to
John Cryder

Be proud?

And splattered all over the road if you ever get into an accident...

Hate to sound like a PSA commercial, but buckle up. I think we have enough proof that seatbelts help you NOT FLY OUT OF WINDOWS.

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Some cop cars have computers in them...maybe the cops were on the Internet, reading through alt.autos.nissan and saw your post about not wearing your seatbelt. They then "lurked" near the auto parts store to catch you. ;-)

John D.

Reply to
John D.