Re: 350Z Seat Belts

I notice if you just up buckle the belt it flies right into the glass... and even puts little dents in the door.

anyone notice that?

Have any of the 350Z owners noticed some discomfort with the seat belts? > Maybe it's just me, but the darn belt is a bit tight and uncomfortable > across the shoulder. I am a tall, thin guy - - so girth is not the problem. > I put one of those padded seat belt cushions at the shoulder area and it > helps. However, I would prefer not to have to use it. Should I have my car > checked by the dealer, or is this problem common with all 350Z's?? > >
Reply to
KINGLIFER

KINGLIFER

I haven't used my seat belts yet. I hate seat belts. And after what you just posted, I'm afraid to try. If a state trooper is nearby though, I'll probably buckle up temporarily.

Reply to
John Cryder

nahh dude... lol you gota use your seat belts man...

Reply to
KINGLIFER

Wore my seat belt for the first time today. There were two pig cruisers sitting real close to my car when I came outta the auto parts store so I buckled up until I got to the grocery store.

uncomfortable

Reply to
John Cryder

Be proud?

And splattered all over the road if you ever get into an accident...

Hate to sound like a PSA commercial, but buckle up. I think we have enough proof that seatbelts help you NOT FLY OUT OF WINDOWS.

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Some cop cars have computers in them...maybe the cops were on the Internet, reading through alt.autos.nissan and saw your post about not wearing your seatbelt. They then "lurked" near the auto parts store to catch you. ;-)

John D.

Reply to
John D.

Not that what your saying is true... but once I got into a accident in Quebec city. the snow slid the car and the car started to twirl. I hit the sidewalk on the drivers side... flew out of the car (since some how the door opened) went into a snow bank and the car wrapped around a tree. the driver's side didn't exist anymore. So I guess if I had that belt on I would be dead.

But in general... you should keep it on.

Reply to
KINGLIFER

Statistically speaking, your incident was well beyond two standard deviations (95%) from the mean.

IOW, *everyone* should wear their seat belt ... PERIOD

Reply to
Mike Sims

Reply to
Orchid

Very true... very true. if you use a padded arm rest kinda keeps it from happining.

Reply to
KINGLIFER

Reply to
Rob Sacco

what type of extension are you talking about? I have no idea what this thing is...

I would love to fix this issue myself also.

Reply to
KINGLIFER

Courtesy Parts sells the 350Z seatbelt extender. Take a look at:

KG

Reply to
KINGLIFER