81 280zx battery ground

Hi there , I am a new owner of a 81 280zx, got the car and it only clicks when I turn the key, it tried starting once or twice, now it doesn't at all, I am suspecting a bad ground . This car has the ground cable going to the shock tower. It has a second attachment point about 6 inches further down the cable. I am wondering where this is supposed to ground to, and what , if anything is the second attachment to? I am working from a chilton's right now, while I wait for my factory manual to get here . Any help greatly appreciated! Jim

Reply to
Jim

It's suposed to go to the engine block, specifically goes under the upper starter bolt.

The original cable bolts to a hole around the bottom of the battery tray and the second conector goes to the block. Many cars just go to the block and seem to work fine. It won't work bolting it to the body only.

Reply to
Steve

Thank you so much for the quick response, I will let you know how it comes out. Jim

Reply to
Jim