'86 climate control ambient temp reads low

Problem: My wife's '86 NA has the Automatic Climate Control, the digital one with the buttons. The "ambient temperature" is reading 23 degrees low.

I did the trouble shoot from the book, voltages at the dash unit are good. When I disconnect the sending unit at the front bumper, it reads the correct sub-zero temperature. However, when I short the sending unit, it reads 23 degrees lower than the book says it ought to read. Because of the false reading, it wants to turn the heat!

Has anybody had this issue, and/or does anybody have suggestions?

Reply to
Jim

I'd suspect another sensor might fix the problem, otherwise the head unit is bad. Neither one is prone to failures so used stuff from a junkyard wouldn't be a concern.

Reply to
Steve T