Computer location 86 300Z

Can anyone tell me where the ECU is located. Also, is it scannable with and ODB 1 code scanner?

Thanks in advance - Mark

Reply to
stpaul

Right kick panel. Yes it stores codes but in all the -years- I've worked on those cars, I've never seen one store any useful information. The code set is -never- what's wrong with the car. It will set a code for the ignition when the MAS is bad. When the ignition is the problem it will set a code for the fuel temp sensor etc etc. SOmetimes it will have a half dozen codes set and none of them are what's wrong! It's a waste of time bothering with reading them on that model car.

Reply to
Steve T

I disagree. At least on my 1988, it was a godsend. It correctly reported that the MAFM was faulty; when I replaced it, the check engine (yellow) light went out. (The 1987-89s have a check engine light, and I'm not sure the 1984-86s do.)

This used to be my web site before I had to get rid of my beautiful blue

1988. My friend (who has more Zs than you can shake a stick at) has taken over the site. There is some good information here about the codes:

The Whole Shebang