Fuel Prob. Plz help

Hi All: Hoping someone reading this can help me. I own an '89 300zx NA/automatic which has served me well for years. Last spring the car ran poorly, low RPM, stalling out, etc; a fuel thing i thought. The previous summer i replaced the fuel pump and filter. So, after much tribulation, trials and errors, the main problem turned out to be the MAF, but not determined until changing the brain, H2Otemp sensor switch, fuel temp sensor/pressure regulator, air filter, numerous sets of plugs and de-coring the catalytic converter. The car came out of the gargage running ok by summer's end, but there was a 'dead spot' when i'd step on the gas Just a momentary pause when the car would seem to go nowhere and most noticable when the car was cold. My mechanic friend told me that the Z mixes fuel differently when the car is cold. We checked the brain and no codes came up and this condition improved as the weather got cooler, still a pause but not too bad.

But this weekend I made a right turn onto a hill in Nyak that looked like a 5.12 rock wall. My car just sat there staring at it. I'd rev and go nowhere. Put into low gear and finally began to climb, slowly at first, then like it never happened. Really strange. My first suspicion is that the tranny is getting weak, but something is telling me its still a fuel mix problem.

Any tips or pointers from you learned gurus? And if anyone suggests TPS can you plz give detailed info.

TIA Rion

Reply to
Rion D'Luz