HELP - 84' 300 zx troubles

where do i start??.....maybe someone can offer assistance as my husband has been no help as he DESPERATLY wants me to be rid of my NISSAN 300zx 1984 TURBO 2+2 so he hasnt been the greatest in aid, except to assist me in remarking how these japanese cars are THE worst to work on ( he owns a chevy)

Anyway, my car was running fine and all of a sudden it was dying.....( I changed the alternator, as this was THIS problem) ......then 10 minutes after it was installed I drove it 2 blocks and it over heated......I was SO upset.......so i had the water pump tested ( no weping from the hole) and had the radiator tested and flushed ( it was fine) ......changed the thermastat ( even though the old one seemed to be fine when tested) but when the thermestat was out it never overheated.......it still overheated and we replaced the clutching fan......

Everything seemed fine after this......I drove for a few hundred miles with no incedent ( also there was no yellow gunk under the oil lid, when looking for reasons as to why this was all happening)

so I parked my car after a couple weeks of driving and the next day.....my battery had been drained within 36 hours. so I happen to have 4 new batteries thanks to my husband.....and changed it, and the same problem, we tested to see if it was the stereo or amp, etc.....no luck.....so i would take off the negative post every night....i forgot a couple times and again it drained it.......BUT.......after a couple weeks of this i forgot again to take the negative post off one night and the next day......IT RAN !!!!

Now my temperature goes UP UP UP and then DOWN DOWN DOWN....never overheating........just going up and then going down......all along I could never get the memory on my stereo to ever stay ( Just thought I would mention this )

Then yesterday i revved it high as sometimes when cold it stalls, and i heard a "pop" and the dash lights went out and slowly my car stalled .....I am baffled at what is wrong with it???

WE have checked everything......I MYSELF knowing my car think it is a POWER thing......like through battery, or fuses, or could the stereo being incprrectly installed do this ???

My husband was checking this scenerio and was baffled himself as he could not find a 12volt source wire ???

and didnt want to touch the stereo as it runs but no memory??

anyway, I have written enough, if anyone has any suggestions, let me know ???

I am really baffled??? I was reading about "DIODES" or something in alternators could this do anything like this ??........or a bad line ( wire) going to the battery and not charging the electronics and other parts correctly causing havoc ????

please let me know, sorry to bother everyone

Lorelei

Reply to
LORELEI