05 Altima SE rear brakes

In March 06 I brought my 2005 Nissan Altima, which I bought brand new, in for an oil change at 19,000 miles when my mechanic stated that my rear brakes were worn. I then brought it to my dealer and the too stated that my rear brakes were prematurely worn, the pad down to the metal more so on the passanger side,they dont know why but warranty would not cover it. After numerous phone calls to Nissan of America and my dealer I had to pay $260 for rear brakes. Now its Decemebr and

10,000 miles later and the rear brakes are grinding again. I brought it back to the dealer and they stated again that they were worn and would repalce just the right rear pads and resurface the rotor. I said there must be something wrong and they stated that there wasnt anything worng and again the dont know why the brakes were worn. They just said that Altimas go throug brakes faster. I dont buy it. I have a call into nissan now, maybe this time they will do something.
Reply to
firemedic

firemedic, Do you have any shudder while braking? My first hunch would be a manufacturing defect in the caliper. The caliper piston is probably damaged or was not machined correctly. This would cause the piston to not retract back after releasing brake pressure. I have seen this on at least one of my cars. Caliper replacement under warranty is the fix if my hunch is true. Go to the regional service manager and explain the uneven wear. The brakes should not wear unevenly. Sparky

Reply to
Steve Parker