03 Altima

A dealer says my rear brakes are worn through, and the rotors are almost gone also. The car has 50,000 Kms. I just do not believe the service manager. That dealer has a history of upselling on everything, so I am very skeptical.

Anyone else have similar problems with the most recent Altimas' brakes?

JOE

Reply to
Yes_I_Have_One

There are too many factors to judge this based on others experiences. You really need to learn how to tell yourself. If you're clueless, you just open yourself up to crooks.

Reply to
JimV

Reply to
John Smith

Went a got a second opinion. The back pad were worn but all rotors and front pads were A-Okay. Will avoid That garage in the future - scum bags.

Thanks for the replies

Reply to
Yes_I_Have_One

Is it just me? I find myself needing to replace the rotors (front) about every 30000 Kms.

I think my 99 Altima is poorly designed in that regard, there is not enough airflow to keep the rotors cool. I need to replace them before the pads are worned out so I don't think my driving is the problem. btw, I pay them (rotors) about 15-20$ CAN and not 75$ as John stated in a previous email.

-Sylvain

Reply to
Sylvain Scaglione

What is happening to them that you feel you have to replace them before the pads wear out?

A little bit of chatter usually just means there is a bit of glazed material from the pads adhering to the rotors. Next time try a couple of hard stops from about 100 Kms and see if they smooth out before rushing out to replace the rotors.

Of course if you are buy> Is it just me? I find myself needing to replace the rotors (front) about

Reply to
E. Meyer

they warp, easily felt when pressing the brake pedal and easily noticed when taken out.

I had them replace before at a garage and once at the Nissan dealer before deciding to do the job myself.

Scagli>

Reply to
Sylvain Scaglione