13 mm wrench on a Nissan.

I was working on my Corvette (don't gime me any shit, I inherited it) tonight, and used a 13 mm wrench to get something off. It struck me that I don't think I'd ever used a 13 on any of my five Nissans in 520,000 miles of doing my own wrenching. Lots of 12 mm, lots of 14 mm, but no 13 mm that I can remember. True? And now that I think about, no 11 mm, but lots and lots of 10 mm.

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

Most japanese cars use 8-10-12-14-17-19-22 bolts. Germans use

9-11-13-15-17-19-21. American cars use every wrench in the box mixing american and metric sizes at their whim.
Reply to
Steve T

BMW also uses 16mm and 18mm. I had to buy a bunch of new sockets when I got one.

Reply to
Rob Munach

BMWs used to have really swank toolkits.

Reply to
Ted Azito