1987 Nissan Stanza - Replacing the Timing Belt

Hello.

I need to replace the timing belt on a 1987 Nissan Stanza. I was told by the dealership that the crank shaft pulley must be removed in order to replace the belt and in order to remove the pulley they have to remove the front part of the engine and a few other parts. I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was any other (easier) way to remove the pulley without going through all that trouble. I can't afford to take it to a mechanic, and removing the engine and all the other parts necessary would be a rather difficult ordeal for me at the moment.

Can anyone help? I would be very, *very* thankful.

Reply to
Honeyspider

You don't have to remove the engine from the car, but they are right you do have to remove the crank pulley, the front timing covers etc and also make SURE you put the belt back on with the engine in time or you can damage the engine.

Reply to
Steve T