1990 Hardbody King Cab PU

I know nothing about air conditioning in the truck.All of a sudden yesterday running it I found the passenger side of the truck flooded with water? My friend got her shoes soaked from the dripping? I know theres a condensor that takes the water out of the air to cool it and it usually is directed outside the truck but how? Did a hose come loose some where that would direct the water under the truck outside?

Reply to
R P

R P wrote the following:

In my 97 hardbody, the drain hose was plugged with debris from the cowl air intake grill, so the water from the rain, car washing, etc., backed up into the heater/AC box. Did you notice a strange noise coming from the passenger side when making a hard left turn? That was the blower fan hitting the water in the box. It happened to my 97 hardbody twice in 13 years. In my 97, the drain hose goes through the firewall just to the right of the transmission hump. You might be able to find it on the firewall from the top, but more likely if you lie on the ground underneath, otherwise from inside the cab. Just pinching it may dislodge the debris and it will drain. Pulling off the drain hose before clearing it will flood the cab even more.

Reply to
willshak

Thanks the box was plugged,but unfortunately inside the box and the drain hose was clean.Never thought there would be that much water,you were right flooded the cab badly.

Reply to
R P

RP,

The condenser is located in front of the radiator it's job is to reject the heat that was absorbed by the refrigerant in the evaporator and concentrated by the compressor. The evaporator removes the moisture from the air, there is a drain hose that goes from the evaporator to underneath the car to drain the condensate. The hose either came loose or is plugged.

Striker.

Reply to
Striker

Don't understand post after my second post

Reply to
R P

R P wrote the following:

In my case, the first indication was a noise coming from the right front only when making a hard left turn. I thought that one of the rubber splash shields under the fender had come loose and was rubbing on the tire, or there was a wheel bearing problem whose noise was being transmitted through the frame and body into the cab. I checked under the fender and all was well. I then thought of lots of $$$ leaving my wallet for a wheel bearing replacement. I very rarely carry passengers so there was no one to tell me the floor was wet. I discovered the location of the noise after I had placed a cardboard box on the passenger floor carpet and when I picked it up the next day, the bottom of the box fell open and the water had wicked halfway up the sides. I pulled all the rubber hoses off the heater system after putting one of those aluminum pans used with the sterno trays under the heater box to catch most of the water. I used a shop vac and a carpet cleaning machine to get up most of the left over water and then propped up the carpet with pieces of wood to let the air circulate under it for a week.

Reply to
willshak

Damn great minds think alike.I did all but the carpet cleaner.I put wood under to hold it up and left a hair dryer in it for 2 days.DRy as a bone now.Also thought the eheel bearings were going and actually pulled the wheels and checked and repackedd both side.Each time we heard the screech when we finally were getting my lady friends feet soaked I shut the air off thinking it was the compressor failing.

Reply to
R P