1990 pathfinder auto transmission

Recently brought my pathfinder(1990) into mechanic for oil pump seal replecment (leaking) when he took it out for a test drive after replacement it failed in second gear and resulted in no gear engagement at all. Pressure test indicated low fluid pressure (0-6, lbs) in all but reverse test ports. Reverse test port was at aprx 60, lbs indicating that oil pump is still working I belive. Other then dropping tranny out again is there some thing that should be checked first?

Thanks for any input

Reply to
mike