1991 Nissan Pintara - Motor replacement? Something bigger?

I've got a 1991 Pintara, and the engine is on its last legs. 2.0-litre 4 cylinder.

Seeing as it has to be replaced anyway, would an early model 6-cylinder Skyline engine, perhaps a bit newer than the one I have, 1994 or so, drop in without major modifications? A non-turbo model.

If not, are there any other engines that would drop straight in or any that I may shoehorn in with a few modifications to the engine bay?

TIA

Reply in newsgroup, or replace # with @ to email.

Located in Sydney, NSW, Australia.

-mark