91 sentra xl sedan

I have a 91 sentra and i had replaced the front oil seal and a couple of fuel injectors. Now it looks like some smoke is coming out of the muffler when i step on the gas. It does not happend all the time but i do notice i have to put about 1 to two quarts of oil ever other day. Should i sell or would it be worth the fix if needed? thanks

Reply to
ken8769us

How many miles? Is it leaking oil (from the front seal again or from somewhere else)? Is it burning oil? A quart a day is a lot of oil loss. If it's a leak it should be easy to find with that much being lost. If it's not leaking oil but burning it, then examine the plugs to see which is oil fouled. Again, with that much oil consumption, it should be easy to find the offending cylinder. Good luck. Al

Reply to
al

sentra had just turned 150+ miles. I see no leaks anywhere on the block or under the car. I do see occassional white smoke from the muffler when i accelerate to get on interstate but on a smooth steady speed there is no smoke. I drive about 82+ miles a day to and from work and thats about how much oil i would have to refill about 1 quart. Thanks again for all the time and help.

Reply to
ken8769us

If there's no leak, then check the plugs. That much oil burning ought to be visible on one or more plugs. 150000 miles isn't that much for a well maintained Nissan engine. Good luck. Al

Reply to
al