1993 Nissan 2dr 1.6L Sentra

My 5th gear doesn't go in gear..... what is the problem & how much would it cost????? I bought the car for $200.00 170, 000 miles on it.......but runs like new otherwise.

Reply to
Brian Mader

I would probably mean rebuilding or (cheaper) replacing the gearbox. This would cost you more than $200 and probably isn't worth it.

Reply to
Rex

If it goes into 5th, but pops out almost immediately when you let go of the shifter, it's probably the 5th gear synchromesh. Repairs will be about $1000, figuring that as long as they got the tranny out to fix the synchromesh, you might as well replace the clutch parts, and save yourself some labor $$$ down the road.

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg