1993 Nissan Quest: Problems from rear suspension

When driving our 1993 Nissan Quest, we notice a bit of "clunking" from the rear wheels when braking. So I was planning to jack up the van
today to take a look but no matter how high I jacked up the vehicle, the rear wheels stayed on the ground. This has never occurred before. Everything looks in tact under there. Is there something completely missing? Or is something (like a strut) broken?