Replacement tach module

Can anyone tell me if the tach module used on the 95 Pathfinder is the same as used in any other Nissan vehicles? The engine is the VG30E, and my tach is not working at all...in fact, it's a bit of a spaz. I've done junkyard searches for Pathfinders, but I'm sure there has to be something else that's compatible from another vehicle, given how many of them had the VG30E engine. I'm assuming the Hardbody pickup would, how about Maxima, 300ZX, etc?

Thanks, Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Niece

there is no "tach" module so to speak.

The tach head (gauge unit)needs to be replaced, common problem.

the part is about 150.00 from the dealership

Reply to
NissTech

That's the part I was driving at. It's also the same word I got from the used car dealer we got the truck from, and that the part was about $300 CDN. Thanks for the confirmation though...it's not critical right now, so I figured I'd try and find scrapyard one before I spent the money for a new unit.

Stephen

NissTech wrote:

Reply to
Stephen Niece