1995 Quest Automatic Transmission Problem?

My 95 Quest was the last year to use the OBD-I diagnostic system, which has only a few codes (versus the OBD-II for later model years that has many). I'd like to get any info I can on the transmission/transaxle.

When I start the Quest, the dash "O/D OFF" indicator light flashes 12 times indicating that there's a stored diagnostic code. This may be the code itself, but I have no way of knowing. The Haynes manual does not list the transaxle codes or how to retrieve them.

I'd appreciate it if someone would tell me how to retrieve the Transaxle codes for early Quest models. Or if the flashing O/D OFF count on the 1995's IS the code? And if this is the code, where I can access a list if the transaxel codes and a code identification of what's failing?

TIA for any info, tips, suggestions.

Manjo 1995 Nissan Quest

Reply to
Manjo