1994 Nissan Sentra will not start please help

I started my car. I went out about 5 minutes later to leave and as I was backing up it stalled. I tried to start it and now it just turns over. It acts like it is out of gas. It is 19 degrees outside. What could this be?

Reply to
fholly779

Not likely, but water in the gas froze?

More likely - timing chain / belt?

Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R

Currently Riding The "Mother Ship"

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?

Joe

It *could* be many things. Failed fuel pump and broken timing belt probably top the list.

Reply to
JimV

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 21:49:24 -0500, JimV graced this newsgroup with:

I believe the 94's had a timing chain but I agree if it does have a belt, that it's highly likely that it broke.

Reply to
max

It has a timing chain not belt. When you turn the key you can hear the fuel pump come on. It finally started last night and I was able to drive it with no problem. I just hope it doesn?t do it again.

"fholly779" wrote: > I started my car. I went out about 5 minutes later to leave > and as I was backing up it stalled. I tried to start it and > now it just turns over. It acts like it is out of gas. It is > 19 degrees outside. What could this be?

Reply to
fholly779