1996 Nissan Sentra won't start

The problem appears to be in the anti-theft system. Is there an easy way to defeat it?

Pete

Reply to
Pete KE9OA

the 96 did not have a theft system.

It probably has a bad starter

Reply to
NissTech

This one has a factory installed anti-theft system. There is a fuse box under the hood at the front left side of the engine, while looking at the auto from the front. Three of the fuses in this Nissan labelled box are for the anti-theft system, so I would have to conclude that this was available as a factory option. Whenever the battery was disconnected, the alarm would have to be disabled with the wireless remote-control unit. My Ford Windstar acted in the same manner, defaulting to the armed mode of the alarm. The problem with the Nissan is that when this fellow's wife ran out on him she took this remote control along with her.

Pete

Reply to
Pete KE9OA