Clean '99 Maxima sun roof drains ?

Any good techniques ?

The drains are hard to get to. I tried compressed air and a fairly high pressure water hose blowing in from the top but it did not help much. These are so clogged that water pours out the sides on the windshield channels on the lower half.

Reply to
- Bob -

I think the front ones are accessible by removing the A-pillar trim and perhaps just unfastening the corners of the headliner.

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

Thanks, sounds good - any pointers on removing the A-pillar trim w/o damage ?

Reply to
- Bob -

They just pry off - do it once the car has been sitting in the sun for a while - it will make the plastics softer and less brittle.

You should be able to tug along the trim and see it loosen. You may have to remove the visor to get the headiner off enough - since the visor bracket screws will likely hold the headliner in place.

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

Thanks