1998 pathfinder - duct dial problem

Just realized that my duct dial is not working as it should when I want to redirect my air flow. It only seems to have half control of where I can divert the air to. Full Upper vent is no problem but I cannot put it on full defrost. Best I can do is partial upper, partial lower with just a small amount of air flow coming from the defroster.

Does anyone know where I might want to start to fix this problem before I go ripping apart my dashboard? Checked under the dash and could not find anything obvious.

Also the vehicle is under warranty but they always seem to somehow place the bill back at me for some strange reasons and I would like to give it my attempt first. I would imagine this is covered uner warranty but always have to walk into the dealer preparing to argue with them to have it covered.

Thanks for any help.

Mike.

Reply to
Mike