2001 Nissan Navigation System Climate Control Replacement Buttons?

Hi,

I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE I bought used. It came with the navigation system, which includes the touch-screen and climate control buttons on the Nav system panel. I believe the hardware is made by Xanavi.

I recently had two of the climate control parts break, probably due to the cold weather. The nav and climate control systems are working, but I cannot control the heat and airflow. Specifically, the "Auto" and the air flow direction buttons broke. After talking to a local Nissan dealer, I found out that they don't sell the plastic buttons to fix this problem (and it should be a minor fix, wouldn't you think?). Instead they make you purchase the entire front face, which as of

2/7/07, will set you back $392.80 plus labor. For 2 small plastic buttons.

SO I am here wondering if others have had this problem, and if they have found a place that sells replacement parts, or what they did to get the heat/AC working in their cars.

Thanks in advanced, I appreciate the help.

Reply to
gjb140

You're probably stuck buying it from a dealer. But there are several that do business on the net that will give you a substantial discount over list. Like Dave here:

JimV