2001 Frontier Tailgate Handle

Recently the tailgate handle on my 01 Frontier Crew broke. I order a new assy from the dealership, which was suprisingly cheap. I removed the old assy, which broke in the process. The assy is the entire plastic piece surrounding the latch. Does anyone know how to remove the metal fasteners from the plastic "nuts" that remain in the tailgate? The plastic has 5 metal pins that snap into 5 plastic "nuts" in the tailgate. All five pins seperated from the handle assy and remained in the "nuts". I need them out to make space for the new pins. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joel

Reply to
Just Me

grab them tightly with a pair of pliers and pull outward.

Reply to
NissTech

Is it really that easy? They seem seated so much harder than that. Thanks. I will give it a try.

Reply to
Just Me

Thanks for the direction, NissTech. It worked perfectly, and I will install the new piece tomorrow. Truly appreciate all you do for this group. Pat yourself on the back.

Joel

Reply to
Just Me