2001 Sentra SE Service Engine Soon light

Quick question -- Today, my Nissan turned 62,000 miles. At the *exact* time the odometer turned, the service engine light came on. The car was running fine before the light came on, and continues to do so after the light. My question is, is this some sort of not-to-subtle reminder to bring my car in for some scheduled service, like the old cars that would pop up the little flag over top of the odometer so you couldn't see the numbers until it was reset? I just found it od that it happened at exactly 62000, but I suppose it could be coincidence. Thanks!

Reply to
Mark

Nope, it's an error and the code needs to be read to find out what it is.

-jim

Reply to
Jim