200sx S13

Recently bought a J reg 200sx as a project and the first problem I'd like to fix are the headlights. They'll come up when I switch them on but they won't go back down again unless I manually wind them down. Does anyone have any ideas or perhaps come across this problem before?

Thanks.

Reply to
Comfortably Numb

Check the retract relays in the box under the air intake. Relay 4 should be off, relay 3 should have power to coil. Circuit though relay 4 n/c and relay 3 n/o contacts supplies power to pin 2 on motor. Check wiring at headlamp timer and any dim dip or daytime lighting unit - two boxes behind ECU in pass side kick panel. Someone could have done a sleepy eye mod wrong and made it wide awake.

Download a workshop manual.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Thanks for the reply and advice.