85 Truck just Died!

My 85 pickup with the carbed Z24 died on me Saturday. Started fine, ran for about 20secs. and died. Wouldn't restart. Starter spins, engine is turning over, Distributor rotor is turning. I'm getting no spark from the exhaust side plugs, good spark on intake side. replaced coil for exhaust side and checked power to coil, both good. Any suggestions? TIA! Don

Reply to
donputz

donputz stated:

Check the fuel, but the coil or the wire feeding the coil to the exhaust (main) plugs may be open somewhere.

I would get an ohm meter and make sure there is some conduction, you can even switch the coils over as well, but it sounds like fuel or spark!!

Try fuel directly in the carb to see.

'Luck!!

Reply to
©¿©¬ --Wally--