86 300zx auto/trans fluid pouring out

My 86 300zx with auto/trans was rebuilt at 153K miles. Now has 216K miles on it (no problems up until now)and a 76 mile daily driver. Son says he was reving motor while parked at 3-4k rpm and he heard fluid leaking out. He looked under the car and saw red ATF fluid pourin out bottom of car from trans bell housing. Came home and saw big red puddle.Started it up and saw fluid leaking out in a stream at the lowest part in the bellhousing. Could the output seal have been blown out by my son reving it up like that (I usually baby the car)? What could cause a problem like this to happen? What should we look for when we pull it apart? Thanks to all who reply. Greyhound

Reply to
Grey-hound

He says it was only this high...

Sounds like it puked either the front seal or the pump gasket, probably were aftermarket seals/gaskets and is why they failed.

Reply to
Steve T

Reply to
John Smith