'87 Nissan Sentra

Occasional but constant problem with this old 300k+ sedan, when it runs it will die while cruising down the highway or street. Loses power, will not restart, lotsa gas, lotsa battery power, AND usually after leaving it for half to an hour, it usually restarts. I have tried replacing the coil, swapped the brain box under the passenger seat. As you can tell I am absolutely NO Mechanic, and can't really afford to have one chase this down, but I really would appreciate some help.

Reply to
mcgraw

Dude. NO offence. I drove a 88 bronco 2 with about all the same roblem and a million miles and spent alot trying to fix the same problems you did. If you can afford it. Just cut you losses before putting to much more money into and get you a different ride

Reply to
OrlandoIHLBear

Reply to
Sam Welch

the distributor is bad, this is a classic description that you have provided.

Replace the distributor and all will be well

Reply to
NissTech

symptoms similar to that was described to me long ago by a relative, his problem was a bad fuel pump, when it cooled it pumped again. suggest replacing the fuel pump.

Reply to
okr

Reply to
William Hook