89 240SX starter only clicks if hot

In hot weather, expecially if I have run the AC, car will not restart. Starter only clicks, but will not turn over the engine. If I raise the hood (the engine is very hot) the car will restart in 15 to 30 minutes. Battery checks out OK; terminals are clean. Never a problem in cool weather. Can engine compartment heat cause the starter to sieze? I replaced the starter when this happened a couple of years ago, now it is repeating. HELP! Car is auto trans, 140k miles. Thanks

Reply to
Ronald Wade

replace the starter again, this time use a factory OEM rebuilt starter from the dealership

Reply to
NissTech

Thanks, this is the second factory rebuilt to be installed on this car. Last one lasted a couple of years. Have you heard of this heat-related failure before? Is there a way to keep it from happening again? Thanks, Ron

Reply to
Ronald Wade