Re: Stanza Wagon 4wd Clutch Master Cylinder replacement

For that job and others, go to your local AutoZone or Pep Boys store and get a Haynes Repair Manual (or Chilton) for that particular car...it will tell you all you need to know.

If you plan to work on your car or someone else's, you need a service/repair manual or proceed at your own risk.

John D.

I am going to be replacing the clutch master cylinder on my moms stanza > wagon 4wd. Any tips would be helpful.
Reply to
John D.

so there are no strange "features" that I need to look out for?

Reply to
Spear

The manual will tell you what to look out for. That's why I suggested getting one.

John D.

Reply to
John D.

have 2 of them. but some times with the STANZA WAGON there are things taht are learned from experence that are not listed in the book. if you have no experence with this car just say so..

Reply to
Spear

No, I'll say whatever I want.

I've plenty of experience with cars (I'm an "old" guy)...telling you to get a manual IS helping you. You didn't say you had any manuals, did you. That's your fault for appearing clueless, not mine. Say all that stuff next time so you don't appear to be completely ignorant.

Regardless, YOU are the "beggar" here asking for help...beggars don't tell people how to repond or how to help. Well, you CAN but it won't make any difference.

Work on your Stanza and then you'll have "experience," won't you. We all did LOTS of things for the first time. That's how it's done. The manuals should be all you need to know. If you need more, don't work on your car (or anyone else's for that matter)...get someone else more knowledgable to do it.

Good luck,

John D.

Reply to
John D.

Got the project done. although the manual did not say that the wiper motor needed to be removed. it would have made it easier. The manual does leave things out. When I changed the Manual trans. fluid the manual did not say any thing about removing the 4WD actuator. That type of information was what I was looking for. By the way John news groups are a way of sharing information. I have learned a lot about the stanza wagon 4WD, like poor idle may be caused by a miss adjusted I.A.S., light flash may be caused by a bad alternator, ect... some times there are tricks that are learned that make a job go a little faster. the MOPAR guys are always willing to offer a little help and share experience/tips to make the community grow. Nissan I guess is a little different.

Reply to
Spear