Security Alarm

I just purchased a 1992 Maxima SE. I locked the drivers door and unlocked it and the alarm went off. It now will not shut off. How can I disconnect the alarm so I can take it to the Nissen shop for repair and how can I repait it?

Reply to
ChiefH

If it has a factory alarm which armed when the doors were locked, you likely need to turn on the ignition with the key to cancel it. Normally you should unlock driver's door with key or key fob.

That is a safety feature so even if someone breaks or can reach in a window to work the lock, it sets off the alarm.

Reply to
David Efflandt

David, thanks for the reply. I tried unlocking the drivers door with the key and tried to turn on the ignition, to stop the alarm. But it did not work, but after numerous tries of unlocking and locking the drivers door it finally stopped. Could the problem be in the door lock itself?

Reply to
ChiefH