93 Primera question

It could be a high dollar item, or it could be just a matter of new spark plugs or ignition wires.

Reply to
Willshak

Hi I've just been given a 93 Primera SLX 2.0 that has a very rough idle. It is actually more rough when the car is in gear. The rpms stay steady but the car shakes like crazy. Is this going to be a high dollar fix? What could be the problem? thanks Bob

Reply to
bobc25

Just at the moment I think of leaving the group, because no-one mentions Primeras...

What's the tickover speed?

I've noticed mine runs a bit rough with the aircon on at idle. I put this down to load and the low revs - it's fine when it speeds up. Mine is a manual, I take yours is auto?

(I don't think it's ever had to drive the aircon hard before, but since it's in the low 30s here (90ish in F) and they are saying we could have a new British record this week...)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

For those American's who might otherwise be able to help --- a 93 Primera is the same as a US Infiniti G20. The engine (SR20DE) was also used in some Sentra SER models. The US never got the Turbo though.

Reply to
E Meyer

Reply to
bobc25

Ah... divided by a common language!

Tickover = idle speed.

However since you've told me it does it when driving it isn't just too low tickover (sorry idle speed!), it's something else.

Which side of the Atlantic are you? "dollar" says west; but As Ed has pointed out Primera is a UK label!

Willshak could be right on the wires/plugs. Try looking for blue sparks under the bonnet (hood!) when it's dark. Touch nothing though, it'll have your hand off.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Reply to