94 Check Engine light always on

Is this harmful to the engine? My mechanic would reset it for me every oil change because it would go out for 3-4K miles and come back on. He told me the O2 sensor was bad.

Jerry

Reply to
jerry

Bottom line, yes.

If the sensor has failed it can allow the engine to become to lean or too rich which could cause a melt-down of the cat material which would choke off your exhaust and possibly cause damage at the worse, poor gas mileage and perfomance at the other end of the spectrum.

Spend the $130 or so and get a genuine Nissan O2 sensor.

Wil

Reply to
Truck