'94 Sentra No-Start

So I get home from the Thanksgiving break and I decide to move my car out of the garage and pull my wife's in...and it won't start. The engine turns over but the car won't start. I try the following:

1 - To jump start it...nothing happens. I take the battery in to have it tested...some of the juice has been sucked try from my attempts to start it. The battery gets charged up and Autozone tells me the battery is good.

2 - I test all the spark plugs. The guy at Autozone sold me a nifty little tool for doing this...I even turned out the lights in the garage so I clearly see the spark jump. All 4 spark plugs were getting fire.

3 - I could hear the fuel injector starting after I turned on the key, so I didn't there was a fuel problem (and BTW, I had a 1/2 tank of gas). Just make sure I sprayed some eather into the engine's intake to see if I could get the car to crank momentarily...no luck.

Finally I decided to have it towed to my mechanic...once they got it, they reconnected the main vacuum hose to the engine and tried to start it so they could see what I was talking about. The car started instantly. They started it a couple of more times today to make sure it wasn't some fluke.

The mechanic thinks the engine could have been flooded, but beyond that he's scratching his head. I now have no confindence that my car will start. I'd like to hold on to this car for another year of so. Anyone have any idea what I should be looking for to possibly breakdown? TIA.

Reply to
TiderInsider