94 Sentra Timing Chain

How comon is it for a 94 Sentra to jump timing, 170 k miles.

Battery Strong.

Car won't start, checked fuel pump fuse, rotor turns, getting spark to plugs looks weak, sprayed some choke and carb cleaner into the intake to see if it would fire nothing.

Looked inside the valve cover the valsves are closeing and opening.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

Pretty rare. If it did, the engine has bent a bunch of valves etc.

Bosch platinum plugs in it? Did it die when driving or just won't restart? Any problems before it quit? Does it have fuel pressure? are the injectors clicking? Not all "choke and carb cleaner" will run an engine, that's a poor test.

Reply to
Steve T

Started at work ran home fine, went out to start and it wouldn't, re-start. Fuel presure not sure, I could smell gas when the hood was open. While cranking the engine over I held the throttle to the floor as if it were flooded, sounded like it was tring to start but did not.

The choke and carb cleaner I used has started my lawn mower.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

Again, does it have bosch platinum plugs in it?

Reply to
Steve T

No bosch plugs.

Dealer said the car needed a good tune up, this is my daughters car and I have never seen a car that would not start because it needed a tune up, but they did install new plugs, what type I don't know. The car starts and runs .

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

I've seen plenty of cars with cheap non-NGK plugs not run because of them. It's why I asked the question as many times people drive a tune-up till the car won't run, looks like this was one of them.

Reply to
Steve T

Sounds like your car needed new wires. Wouldn't be surprised if the wire from the ignition coil to the distributor went bad (has happened to me). Dealer will install genuine Nissan/NGK spark plugs.

Reply to
Hawaii_SE-R